Smart Meter Installation Continuing in Pictou County
Nova Scotia Power to begin smart meter upgrades in your community
Starting this month Nova Scotia Power’s authorized contractor, Tribus Services, will be in your community resuming upgrading residential and business customers to smart meters. Find below information which explains the upgrading process; please feel free to share the information with your constituents.
Our employees and contractors have been trained and understand the measures they must take to keep themselves and our customers safe during COVID-19 and we are following the direction set by the Chief Medical Officer of Health. They will practice physical distancing at all times and we are asking our customers to do the same. For the latest information about our COVID-19 response and our current safety protocols, you can visit our website: nspower.ca/covid-19.
- Installing smart meters is a key step in modernizing Nova Scotia’s electricity grid. When smart meter technology is turned on in 2021, the technology will provide customers with more convenience, reliability and control. Benefits will include:
- Access to daily information and notification on energy usage which will help Nova Scotia Power’s customers make informed decisions and better manage electricity costs
- Connecting or disconnecting electricity will be easier and faster without the need for an on-site appointment
- Smart meters will notify Nova Scotia Power when the power goes out, helping us respond more quickly in the event of an outage.
- In most cases, meters are located outside of the home, so customers don’t need to be present when the work is done (the upgrade will occur sometime between 8 am and dusk, Monday to Friday). The upgrading process takes about 15 minutes to complete and customers should only experience a momentary loss of power.
- Learn more about the process by watching this video that explains what customers can expect when they are upgraded to a smart meter.
- Need more information? Visit nspower.ca/smartmeters or email us at email@example.com. Our Customer Care team can be reached at 1-800-428-6230.